Welcome to PODS Research LLC
Revenue management systems present airlines with complex and interrelated questions – technical, procedural and organizational. With the emergence of international mega-carriers, intricate alliances and growing low-cost carriers, the RM questions facing airlines raise the stakes in an increasingly competitive environment:
- What kind of revenue management system fits our needs?
- What traffic and revenue impacts will a new revenue management system produce?
- How can we improve our current forecasting methods and optimization algorithms?
- How can we compete effectively with our competitor’s fares and fare products?
- How can we improve the traffic and revenue performance of our alliances?
- How can we develop schedules that leverage the capabilities of our revenue management system?
PODS Research has unique qualifications to help answer these questions for our airline clients
The Passenger Origin/Destination Simulator (PODS) tests ideas, concepts and proposals in a computational environment that reflects the fundamental dynamic of air transportation – airlines define the available network alternatives (itineraries/products/fares) and passengers pick and choose amongst them.
The principal consultants, Dr. Peter Belobaba, Principal Research Scientist at MIT, Dr. Bill Brunger, former Senior Executive from Continental Airlines, and Craig Hopperstad, retired mathematician and scientist from Boeing, have seasoned knowledge of the industry and bring a wealth of practical, conceptual and theoretical experience to help airlines understand and solve their revenue management and planning issues.